st: SPWMATRIX error creating a social network matrix

From   "Ajilore, Gbenga" <>
Subject   st: SPWMATRIX error creating a social network matrix
Date   Fri, 2 Mar 2012 20:14:27 +0000

I am trying to create a social network matrix where individuals are neighbors if they are in the same school.

I type this in: spwmatrix socio school, wname(blk_wgt) wtype(socnet) idvar(id)

Then I get the following error message:

option wname() required

I specify a new weight matrix name and I have tried different types of names but I get the same error.

Gbenga Ajilore