Re: st: RE: New package -wridit- on SSC

From   "Roger B. Newson" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: New package -wridit- on SSC
Date   Tue, 28 Feb 2012 18:14:58 +0000

As it happens, there is an alternative fudge. You can contatenate the reference-population dataset (with its values and weights) to the end of your sample dataset using -append-, and then assign zero weights to the observations from your original sample dataset. If you then use -wridit-, then the ridits generated, in observations from the original sample dataset, will all be relative to the identified distribution defined by the weights in the reference-population dataset. You can then discard the observations from the reference-population dataset.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil
Lecturer in Medical Statistics