st: Power estimation in Cox ph model

From   "ZHIVIN Sergey" <>
To   "" <''>
Subject   st: Power estimation in Cox ph model
Date   Tue, 28 Feb 2012 11:44:51 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I'm a new user of the STATA and maybe have very silly question regarding power calculation for Cox ph model.

Our study is a historical cohort study (mortality) of nuclear workers exposed to internal radiation and chemicals. We would like to estimate a risk of death from different types of cancer (hazard ratio) for the workers exposed to several types of chemicals. So, we want to do several models ( 1-univariate model with number of death from cancer and exposure to different chemicals, 2-the previous model adjusted for exposure to internal radiation).
I have done a literature review and now I know hazard ratios of such exposures in previous studies. The problem I don't know how to construct my STATA formula for power. Could you help me with this? Number of deaths and study sample are known.

Have a good day,
Sergey Zhivin