Re: st: Power estimation in Cox ph model

Subject   Re: st: Power estimation in Cox ph model
Date   Tue, 28 Feb 2012 17:48:03 -0500

Welcome to Statalist, Sergey!

See the entry for -stpower- in the Stata Survival manual.

By the way, the correct spelling of our favorite program is "Stata", not "STATA".  In English, words all capitalized are "acronyms", meaning that their letters stood for words in the original, sometimes abandoned, names.  So, for example, "SAS" and "SPSS" are acronyms, because their original names were "Statistical Analysis System" and "Statistical Package for the Social Sciences".

"Stata" is a name the company made up and its letters don't stand for anything else (see the end of the Statalist FAQ), so the only capitalized letter is the initial "S", just as in our names.

Steve