st: Confounding using chest

From   Jennifer Calder <calderj@nyc.rr.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Confounding using chest
Date   Sat, 25 Feb 2012 23:05:19 -0500

Hello,
I have been trying to use the chest command to check confounding in a binary logistic regression.   I am building the logistic regression using the purposeful selection.   I am not quite sure how chest is checking confounding or how the betas in the output table is calculated as well as how this program handles dummies, as I get as single coefficient  and percentage change in beta for dummy variables.

Can someone who is familiar with this command explain it to me
Thanks
Sincerely

Jennifer Calder