st: violating normality assumption for tobit

From   Raymond Lim <rl2240@columbia.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: violating normality assumption for tobit
Date   Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:37:30 -0500

I am running a tobit and normality is a crucial assumption. However,
my dependent variable follows a uniform distribution. I'm looking at
award placement: 1st place, 2nd place, ... 10th place. I collect data
from many competitions and always have 10 places. How can I address
the fact that my dependent variable will never be normal even if N
goes to infinity?

Thanks,
-Raymond
RL2240@columbia.edu