st: SV: RE: linear approximation - impute "missing" years

From   Miriam Wüst <miw@sfi.dk>
Subject   st: SV: RE: linear approximation - impute "missing" years
Date   Mon, 20 Feb 2012 15:00:12 +0000

Thanks - just what I was looking for!
miriam

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [mailto:owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] På vegne af Nick Cox
Sendt: 20. februar 2012 15:58
Til: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Emne: st: RE: linear approximation - impute "missing" years

This to me does not sound like imputation, but interpolation. Official Stata has long had an -ipolate- command. See also -cipolate- and -csipolate- on SSC.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Miriam Wüst

I have census data for every 5th year  (e.g. population in 1930, 1935, 1940,.) and I would like to impute values to make my data yearly data. Any suggestions for a nice way to do this in stata?