st: RE: linear approximation - impute "missing" years

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   st: RE: linear approximation - impute "missing" years
Date   Mon, 20 Feb 2012 14:57:42 +0000

This to me does not sound like imputation, but interpolation. Official Stata has long had an -ipolate- command. See also -cipolate- and -csipolate- on SSC.

Miriam Wüst

I have census data for every 5th year  (e.g. population in 1930, 1935, 1940,.) and I would like to impute values to make my data yearly data. Any suggestions for a nice way to do this in stata?