st: RE: calculating proportions

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   st: RE: calculating proportions
Date   Mon, 20 Feb 2012 12:19:31 +0000

Look at these modules on SSC:

relrank (Ben Jann)
invcdf (Ben Jann)
ppplot (Nick Cox)

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Ekaterina Hertog

I use Stata 12. I have a dataset which includes id number, sex and
income information for every individual. I would like to construct for
every man 3 variables: what is the proportion of the total female
population that earns as much as he does, that earns less than he does,
and that earns more than he does. I have tried creating a table which
gives me frequencies of individuals by sex by income, but am getting
stuck at that stage.