st: calculating proportions

From   Ekaterina Hertog <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: calculating proportions
Date   Mon, 20 Feb 2012 11:49:33 +0000

Dear all,
I use Stata 12. I have a dataset which includes id number, sex and income information for every individual. I would like to construct for every man 3 variables: what is the proportion of the total female population that earns as much as he does, that earns less than he does, and that earns more than he does. I have tried creating a table which gives me frequencies of individuals by sex by income, but am getting stuck at that stage.
Any help would be appreciated,