Re: st: RE: RE: IPUMS data open issue

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: RE: IPUMS data open issue
Date   Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:10:24 +0000

You can settle this easily. If the file exists, then

. type C:\Users\Gabi\Desktop\dissertation\usa_00001.dat

in Stata will type the file out. If the file exists, and there is some
problem with reading it, then I think we have to see what the file
looks like inside.

Despite your confidence, the message you reproduce implies that Stata
can't find the file, and not that it can find the file but can't read
it because your -infix- instructions are wrong. If that is wrong, then
we still need to see what is inside the file to give advice.

Nick