st: RE: RE: IPUMS data open issue

From   "Ferro,Gabrielle A" <hunny215@mail.ufl.edu>
Subject   st: RE: RE: IPUMS data open issue
Date   Thu, 16 Feb 2012 20:00:48 +0000

Thanks. I already tried that and it isn't a Drive issue.  I appears to be an issue with the Data and I was hoping someone would be familiar with the Data from IPUMS and any associated problems.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Gabrielle Ferro
Graduate Student
Food and Resource Economics
University of Florida
From: owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu [owner-statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu] on behalf of Nick Cox [n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk]
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:45 PM
To: 'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'
Subject: st: RE: IPUMS data open issue

As you say, Stata can't find the file you name. I don't think we can do anything except advise that you check the name and/or search for it on your C: drive.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Ferro,Gabrielle A

I received data from IPUMS and am attempting to open in STATA.  Below is the .do file I am using.  It can not recognize the file, I am hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction.  I have double-checked the directory and it is correct.
The Error message that I receive is below the .do file.  Thank you in advance for any help.

set more off
clear
quietly infix ///
int year 1-4 ///
byte datanum 5-6 ///
double serial 7-14 ///
int age 15-17 ///
byte sex 18-18 ///
byte marst 19-19 ///
byte race 20-20 ///
int raced 21-23 ///
byte language 24-25 ///
int languaged 26-29 ///
byte educ 30-31 ///
int educd 32-34 ///
long ftotinc 35-41 ///
long incwelfr 42-46 ///
int poverty 47-49 ///
int migplac1 50-52 ///
using "C:\Users\Gabi\Desktop\dissertation\usa_00001.dat"
file C:\Users\Gabi\Desktop\dissertation\usa_00001.dat not found