st: Percentage points vs log points

From   Derya Karaci <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Percentage points vs log points
Date   Tue, 14 Feb 2012 13:33:24 -0800 (PST)

I am looking at the changes in gender wage gaps. My question is about interpretation of coefficients. I am computing  [log(male wage)-log(female wage)], and a running a difference-in-difference regression. Suppose the coefficient on the [treat*after] interaction is -0.03. How can I interpret it? In general, what is the difference between log points and percentage points? Is there conversion method?

I am sorry for the trivial question, but any help will be greatly appreciated!