Re: st: Interaction model

From   David Hoaglin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Interaction model
Date   Fri, 10 Feb 2012 14:10:52 -0500

You may want to look at

David W. Hosmer and Stanley Lemeshow, Applied Logistic Regression,
second edition.  Wiley, 2000.  (The authors are working on a third
edition, but I don't know their timetable.)

Also, the chapters on logistic regression in

Alan Agresti, Categorical Data Analysis, second edition.  Wiley, 2002.
 (A third edition is in the works.  The author should be turning the
manuscript over to Wiley about now.)

If you find that book too technical, try

Alan Agresti, An Introduction to Categorical Data Analysis, second
edition. Wiley, 2007.

Hosmer and Lemeshow use examples from medicine and public health.
Agresti's examples are quite diverse.  Some of them illustrate the
model-building process that I suggested.

David Hoaglin