st: RE: catzero

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   st: RE: catzero
Date   Wed, 8 Feb 2012 17:25:06 +0000

-catzero()- is an _option_ of -mfp- (in my ignorance I tried to find a -catzero- command).

There is guidance on pp.1157-8 of the Stata 12 manuals.

Margaret MacDougall

I would welcome examples of the using of the command 'catzero'
specifically to request indicator variables for a subset of the
predictor variables within the context of using both the mfp command and
the sunsidiary logit and xpower commands. I understand the syntax for
using catzero itself (i.e. 'catzero(varlist') but would value seeing an
illustration of how best to place this syntax in relation to the other
commands above.  I also want the mfp procedure to understand that my
caegorical predictor variables are to be left untransformed while also
being included in the model along with the continous variables.