st: Scroll back the console without pausing calculations

From   Richard Herron <>
Subject   st: Scroll back the console without pausing calculations
Date   Wed, 8 Feb 2012 05:28:09 -0500

During long optimization problems I like to scroll back the console
and review my intermediate results. But when the optimizer completes
an iteration I get a line like

Iteration 60:  GMM criterion Q(b) =  6.008e-06

that moves the console to the most recent line. This makes it
difficult to review my results until all calculations complete. If I
-set more off-, then I can scroll back at the -more- prompts, but
-more- also pauses calculations.

Is there a way to scroll back through results without pausing
calculations? Thanks!