st: Main sources for Stata packages

From   Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez <perez.jorge@ur.edu.co>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Main sources for Stata packages
Date   Tue, 7 Feb 2012 01:27:22 -0500

Dear Statalist

We are looking to set up a proxy server for Stata at my workplace to
download commands and data from within Stata. Unfortunately, the proxy
server can not be configured to allow Stata to connect to any website
as this would go against security policies. So I am are trying to come
up with a list of frequently used sites from within Stata, So far I
have five:

* SSC
* Stata Journal
* Stata Technical Bulletin
* Stata Corp
* World Bank Databases (to use with -wbopendata-)

Can you suggest some other sites that we should add? Do you have any
statistics on what percentage of the outstanding user Stata packages
is hosted at each particular site? I am almost sure that SSC hosts the
most. I want to cover as many packages as possible without allowing
Stata to connect to any url.

Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez