st: RE: Main sources for Stata packages

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Main sources for Stata packages
Date   Tue, 7 Feb 2012 08:53:35 -0800

This sounds like something your computer administrators should be in contact with Stata about.

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez [[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2012 10:27 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Main sources for Stata packages

Dear Statalist

We are looking to set up a proxy server for Stata at my workplace to
download commands and data from within Stata. Unfortunately, the proxy
server can not be configured to allow Stata to connect to any website
as this would go against security policies. So I am are trying to come
up with a list of frequently used sites from within Stata, So far I
have five:

* SSC
* Stata Journal
* Stata Technical Bulletin
* Stata Corp
* World Bank Databases (to use with -wbopendata-)

Can you suggest some other sites that we should add? Do you have any
statistics on what percentage of the outstanding user Stata packages
is hosted at each particular site? I am almost sure that SSC hosts the
most. I want to cover as many packages as possible without allowing
Stata to connect to any url.

Jorge Eduardo Pérez Pérez