Re: st: RE: import value labels

From   Nikolaos Pandis <npandis@yahoo.com>
Subject   Re: st: RE: import value labels
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:21:53 -0800 (PST)

ok-great.
Thanks

Nikolaos Pandis DDS MS Dr. med. dent. MSc
Orthodontist
29 P. Zafiropoulou Street
Corfu, 49100
Greece
+30-26610-35087

Visiting Assistant Professor
University of Bern, Switzerland

----- Original Message -----
From: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
To: "'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu'" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2012 10:56 PM
Subject: RE: st: RE: import value labels

Unless they are new labels, you don't need to re-do anything. As said, it's just -label save-.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Nikolaos Pandis

Many thanks Nick, it makes sense.
I had already constructed the labels not in a do file and therefore I will to redo them for the new dataset (now in a do file)

From: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>

The usual equivalent is to use a do-file. That is, save the labels from one dataset to a do-file and then run that do-file in the other dataset. See help for -label save-.

Nikolaos Pandis

Is it possible to import value labels between datasets?

*
*  For searches and help try:
*  http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?searchhttp://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faqhttp://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/