Re: st: RE: import value labels

From   Nikolaos Pandis <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: import value labels
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 13:21:53 -0800 (PST)

Nikolaos Pandis DDS MS Dr. med. dent. MSc
29 P. Zafiropoulou Street
Corfu, 49100
Visiting Assistant Professor
University of Bern, Switzerland

----- Original Message -----
From: Nick Cox <>
To: "''" <>
Sent: Monday, February 6, 2012 10:56 PM
Subject: RE: st: RE: import value labels

Unless they are new labels, you don't need to re-do anything. As said, it's just -label save-.

Nikolaos Pandis

Many thanks Nick, it makes sense.
I had already constructed the labels not in a do file and therefore I will to redo them for the new dataset (now in a do file)

From: Nick Cox <>

The usual equivalent is to use a do-file. That is, save the labels from one dataset to a do-file and then run that do-file in the other dataset. See help for -label save-.

Nikolaos Pandis

Is it possible to import value labels between datasets?

*  For searches and help try: