Re: st: Interpreting 3 way dummy interaction with margins

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Interpreting 3 way dummy interaction with margins
Date   Mon, 6 Feb 2012 18:24:53 +0100

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 6:16 PM, Lauren Beresford wrote:
> If I follow the logic put forth in Maarten Buis' Stata tip 87 "Interpretation of interactions in non-linear models" my margins command would look like this: <snip>

That Stata tip is not the best source for how to use -margins-.
Actually, the main point of that tip is not to use -margins- but
rather look at the odds ratios directly. With a three way interaction
that will probably be a bit too awkward, but by using some tricks from
the following forthcomming Stata tip that may actually be well doable
and useful: <>.

I know that this is not quite the answer you are looking for, but I
hope it still helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen