re:st: geocode command and google query limit

From   Erik Lindsley <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   re:st: geocode command and google query limit
Date   Mon, 06 Feb 2012 07:36:25 -0600

Having worked with Google's Geocode API before....
1) Anonymous people (without previous violations against them) get ~2000 queries per day (sliding window).
You can get a non-anonymous account which will let you query more, but unless you are a non-profit or educator, you will need to pay $.
(Not that expensive really, and if the service is that useful to you why shouldn't you pay for it???)

2) Yes, google takes your past into account. Wait a few days and the limit should climb back up to ~2000/day

3) No.