st: Coding assistance.

From   natasha agarwal <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Coding assistance.
Date   Thu, 2 Feb 2012 09:52:38 +0000

Dear All,

I have  panel of unbalanced firm for 5 years. I have the foreign
ownership variable. I wanted to create a dummy where For example, in
the case of a firm that receives FDI in 1993, the dummy would take on
the value of one for 1990, 1991 and 1992 and zero for all other years.

It looks like:

Firm ID     Year         Foreign Dummy
1                 1990         0
1                  1991        0
1                   1992       0
1                    1993     1
1                     1994     1

2                   1990         0
2                    1991        0
2                     1992       1

I have been trying to do this for a long time now and am I am failing
at every attempt.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Natasha