st: protect my files in a public hard drive

From   Andrés Castañeda <>
Subject   st: protect my files in a public hard drive
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:43:27 -0500

Dear Statalist,

I have a main folder with several subfolders and several stata files
within each of them. I’ve just done an ado-file that goes through all
those subfolders and extract the requested stata file. Given that the
main folder is in a public hard drive and all my officemates have
access to it, I need to preserve the main folder as it is right now.
Do you know any way to prevent that somebody deletes or replaces any
of the files????

Andrés Castañeda
World Bank, LAC-PREM