RE: st: RE: strings

From   Nick Cox <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: strings
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2012 12:44:08 +0000

I can't tell what you thought of but didn't tell us!

More seriously: Please read the help for -string functions-. It tells you about -upper()-, -lower()-, -proper()- and more besides. It's _functions_ here first, not commands.

> The easiest recipe (!) I can think of is
> gen reversed = reverse(company)
> replace reversed = subinstr(reverse, "CNI ", "", 1) if substr(reversed, 1, 4) == "CNI "
> replace company = reverse(reversed)

that is how i also thought to do it (without reverse, just checking if
last 3 are "INC"), but hoped for an easier/clear way existance

thus, probably something to make strings all upper cases is a
solution, if there is such string command