Re: st: subpop() and over() with survey mean estimation using SDR weights

From   Sam Schulhofer-Wohl <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: subpop() and over() with survey mean estimation using SDR weights
Date   Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:13:36 -0600

Jeff,

Thank you for checking this out and for the workaround.

Is -svy bootstrap- with -bsn(4)- equivalent to SDR weights in all cases?
For example, if I am using the IPUMS version of the Current Population
Survey with

svyset [iw=wtsupp], sdrweight(repwtp1-repwtp160) vce(sdr)

can I instead do

svyset [iw=wtsupp], bsrweight(repwtp1-repwtp160) bsn(4) vce(bootstrap)

(Comparing the formulas on pages 186 and 190 of [SVY] suggests that the two
settings are indeed always equivalent, but official confirmation would be
nice.)

Thanks,

Sam

Sam Schulhofer-Wohl <[email protected]> is getting a syntax error from

--
Sam Schulhofer-Wohl
Senior Economist