Re: st: Hierarchical Bayes with MCMC

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Hierarchical Bayes with MCMC
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 17:48:36 +0100

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM, Data Analytics Corp. wrote:
> Does Stata have a Hierarchical Bayes package with MCMC so I can estimate
> binary logit models?  I have Stata 12 on Windows.

No, but if you want a logit model, you can just use -logit-. If you
want a multi-level logit model you can look at -xtlogit- and
-xtmelogit-. If that does not do what you want, you can always go to
-gllamm-, see <>.

Hopoe this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie