RE: st: huge amount of j-th related individual dummies

From   "Seed, Paul" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: huge amount of j-th related individual dummies
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 10:10:49 +0000

That should have been:
You can run xreg without using tsset.
It is enough to declare
     xtdes borrower
     xtreg ... , fe

The old command -iis- would also work
     iis borrower
     xtreg ... , fe

However,  - xtdes borrower time - does not work in this case.

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM, massimiliano stacchini wrote:
> The precondition for realizing your strategy is to impose the 'panel' structure to the database by mean of� the command ' tsset borrower time'
> (necessary for running the command� xtreg ..., fe )
> However, when I run the command ' tsset borrower time' I get the error message: 'repeated time values within panel'.
> The error is driven by the presence of multiple lenders for each borrower in the same period (different 'i' for each 'j' in time 't')

Paul T Seed
King's College London, Division of Women's Health
(& Department of Primary Care and Public Health Sciences)