Re: st: huge amount of j-th related individual dummies

From   "Seed, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   "[email protected]" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: huge amount of j-th related individual dummies
Date   Wed, 21 Dec 2011 09:58:55 +0000

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 9:43 AM, massimiliano stacchini wrote:
> The precondition for realizing your strategy is to impose the 'panel' structure to the database by mean of� the command ' tsset borrower time'
> (necessary for running the command� xtreg ..., fe )
>
> However, when I run the command ' tsset borrower time' I get the error message: 'repeated time values within panel'.
> The error is driven by the presence of multiple lenders for each borrower in the same period (different 'i' for each 'j' in time 't')

You can run xreg without using tsset.
It is enough to declare
     xtdes borrower time
     xtreg ... , fe
(And even - xtdes borrower- is enough.)

Paul T Seed
King's College London, Division of Women's Health
(& Department of Primary Care and Public Health Sciences)