Re: st: Regression Across Two Groups

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Across Two Groups
Date   Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:29:10 +0100

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Muhammad Anees wrote:
> There are actually two variables describing earnings, one as a
> dichomous (recorded in Yes or No) and and other as groups or interval.
> The objective is to assess if such earnings from secondardy jobs also
> depend on foreign qualification and if yes, then what is difference
> between the regressions across the two groups based on foreign
> qualification or no qualification.

So you have selection type model (something like -heckman-, but not
quite) for some observations, the observations are nested in the sense
that someones second job is likely to be correlated with the first
job, and the dependent variable is a rather crude categorization. I
don't think there is an easy solution for your problem. I suspect
you'll have to derive your own model and program it into Stata.

Sorry,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie