RE: st: Regression Across Two Groups

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Regression Across Two Groups
Date   Tue, 13 Dec 2011 12:44:22 -0500

I will note that one of the easiest ways to do this is via the Mplus package (www.statmodel.com), which through a special THETA parameterization allows the difference in residual variance to be directly estimated for the multi-group case in both logit and probit models. Thus, cross-group differences in residual variation will not be absorbed by the model coefficients, and not confound the comparison. But certainly see the papers I recommended so that you gain a good grasp on the key issues. There are indeed good Stata-oriented solutions.

Best,

Cam