Re: st: RE: Stata list example - use of the margins command

From (Brendan Halpin)
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stata list example - use of the margins command
Date   Fri, 09 Dec 2011 08:36:54 +0000

On Thu, Dec 08 2011, Peter Baade wrote:

> In the example below (with a reduced sample size) I generate the odds
> ratios using three methods, margins with nlcom, tabodds, and
> stratified logistic regression. While the ORs and standard errors are
> very similar, nlcom's confidence intervals seem to be incorrect.

nlcom seems to be generating CIs on the odds-ratio scale, i.e., OR +/-
z*SE, whereas the other methods CIs are on the log-odds-ratio scale
(back transformed), i.e. exp( log-OR +/- z*SE). The latter is better.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology