Re: st: logistic regression complex samples

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: logistic regression complex samples
Date   Wed, 7 Dec 2011 18:06:43 -0300

Antonio,

perhaps -findit idonepsu- can help you:

package idonepsu from http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/i

TITLE
      'IDONEPSU': module for dealing with strata that have singleton PSUs

DESCRIPTION/AUTHOR(S)

      idonepsu identifies strata that have only one PSU and,
      optionally, merges them into the largest strata.  This command
      should be used  with caution as the appropriate merge of strata
      depends on the sample design.  This utility is intended for
      persons doing large secondary data analysis where they are
      uncertain of the sampling strategy and are, therefore, unable to
      identify the appropriate strata in which to merge.  The merge is
      done in accord with the method suggested by the Stata 7 manual.

      Author: Joshua H. Sarver , Case Western Reserve University
      Support: email [email protected]

HTH,

Joao Lima

2011/12/7 Antonio silva <[email protected]>:
> Hello,
> I would like to perform binary logistic regression in stratified sampling incorporating 2 variables that represents that design var_weight and var_strata.
> Considering a model with 2 covariates , in SAS I would consider a code like this that works perfectly:
>
> PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC DATA =  dataset
> STRATA var_strata;
>
> WEIGHT var_weight;
>

> CLASS covariate1
>      Covariate2  ;
>
> MODEL outcome(event='1')= covariate1 covariate2 /clparm vadjust=none ;
>  Run;
>

> I tried an equivalent Stata code but does not work. It seems that in Stata its is always necessary have the cluster variable. But in my design I do not have cluster variable,only weight and strata.
>
> svyset [pweight= var_weight], strata(var_strata)
>
>  svy: logistic outcome i.covariate1 i.covariate2
>
> After run , in the output appears only the OR calculated and a note:
> Note: missing standard errors because of stratum with single sampling unit.
> What is wrong with it?
>
> After that I did some tests considering a fictitious cluster variable and worked.   I suppose this command works only when the 3 design variables weight strata and cluster are used at the same time.
>
> Thanks,
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Antonio Silva.

> GET FREE SMILEYS FOR YOUR IM & EMAIL - Learn more at http://www.inbox.com/smileys
> Works with AIM®, MSN® Messenger, Yahoo!® Messenger, ICQ®, Google Talk™ and most webmails
>

> *
> *   For searches and help try:

João Ricardo F. de Lima
Pesquisador A - Economia Aplicada