st: interaction in SEM

From   Zhi Su <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: interaction in SEM
Date   Wed, 7 Dec 2011 09:25:43 -0500

Hi, dear Statalists,

  I want to use "sem" for a structural equation model, where Y is
outcome, x is colntorl variable, t is variable with interest, A is a
latent variable. The latent variable has two indicators :a1 a2. I want
to run a model as the following.

Y<-x t t*A

Here is the problem. t*A is the interaction term between A and t, and
Stata return that "t*A" is an unknown variable. The interaction term
can not be generated to be an variable by using "generate" because A
is a latent variable. How can I use an interaction term between latent
variable and observed variable in "sem"? Thanks!

Zhi Su
348 Holmes Hall
Northeastern University
360 Huntington Avenue