RE: st: Model for Poisson-shaped distribution but with non-count data

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Model for Poisson-shaped distribution but with non-count data
Date   Tue, 6 Dec 2011 16:41:13 -0500

You might also consider a Bayesian multilevel model with a gamma prior:

Griffin, J.E., & Brown, P.J. (2010). Inference with normal-gamma prior distributions in regression problems. Bayesian Analysis, 5(1), 171-188.http://ba.stat.cmu.edu/journal/2010/vol05/issue01/griffin2.pdf

Gelman, A. (2006). Prior distributions for variance parameters in hierarchical models. Bayesian Analysis, 1(3), 515–533.http://www.stat.columbia.edu/~gelman/research/published/taumain.pdf

Lambert, P.C., Sutton, A.J., Burton, P.R., Abrams, K.R., & Jones, D.R. (2005). How vague is vague? A simulation study of the impact of theuse of vague prior distributions in MCMC using WinBUGS. Statistics in Medicine, 24, 2401–2428.http://www.yaroslavvb.com/papers/lambert-how.pdf

Browne W.J., & Draper, D. (2006). A comparison of Bayesian and likelihood-based methods for fitting multilevel models. Bayesian Analysis, 1(3), 473–514.http://ba.stat.cmu.edu/journal/2006/vol01/issue03/draper2.pdf

Cam