st: RE: Robust std errors for fixed effects LOGIT

From   "Seed, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   Guo Chen <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Robust std errors for fixed effects LOGIT
Date   Fri, 2 Dec 2011 14:59:22 +0000

Dear Gou Chen,

I'm copying this to Statalist, as Glauco's problem
has already been discussed there.

The only vce options offered with xtlogit are
oim, bootstrap, or jackknife, so my first solution does not work.
My mistake, I fear.

However, as you are using a fixed effect model, you can use
logit and add your cluster variable as a fixed effect.
-logit-  does take cluster().

Using your example;
logit union age grade not_smsa south i.black, cluster( black) nolog
You will see that you get the same estimates (but different SE)
as with
xtlogit union age grade not_smsa south, robust

Here, because black is binary, there is just one extra term.
In more realistic examples, there will be a large number.

BW