Re: st: what is the command that used to be "outreg" in the old version

From   daniel klein <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: what is the command that used to be "outreg" in the old version
Date   Sat, 26 Nov 2011 13:52:52 +0100

This might have been a missunderstanding.

Saying that "Currently -esttab-, -estout- are used to export Stata
output as publishable Table" implies that most Stata users choose
-estout- to export their tables from Stata and that it is common
practice to use this program (instead of -outreg- or -outreg2-). I was
merely stating that, although you _can_ use -estout- for exporting
tabels, I am not aware of any data showing that most Stata users in
fact do so. Ben Jann does not make such statement in his help file
either. Actually, based on the (October) SSC download statistics,
-outreg2- is more often "clicked" than -estout-.

This is not important to the original  question, as it is best
answered with "The program that used to be -outreg- is still -outreg-
(though a recently updated version) and available from SSC." However,
there have been unfruitful discussions on the list, about recommending
an alternative program when the original poster did not ask for one
and I feel, if you are offering alternatives, it might be better to
either list all alternatives or making a statment that starts with
"Personally, I use <command> for this purpose ...".

Best
Daniel