Re: st: manipulate built-in stata commands

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
Subject   Re: st: manipulate built-in stata commands
Date   Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:03:49 +0000

No need to write a program. Just use the -quietly- prefix.

Nick

On 25 Nov 2011, at 13:47, mailjp@gmx.net wrote:

is there an example of how to build a wrapper around some command to modify what it produces? fact is i don't want to add functionality but want to remove some...nevertheless thanks for your help maarten!
i actually want generate not to produce the line "(xyz changes made)".

thanks for your help!

raoul

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:26:19 +0000
Von: Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
An: "\'statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu\'" <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu >
Betreff: RE: st: manipulate built-in stata commands

As I said in my posting, that's fine and what many people do.

You could build a wrapper around -generate- that takes what it produces
and modifies it.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Jakob Pohlisch/Raoul

sorry but it seems i haven't made myself clear. My fault. its not that i wanted to change the code and thats it. i wanted to get the code so i could make my own .ado-file. if that is illegal i'am sorry but i really didn't know that. there are so many "unoffical" .ado-files out there, that i thought i could change some of them the way i need them - for my personal use...i didn't mean to hurt someone copyrights or something like that. for sure i didn't just wanted to change the code, but wanted to change it and create my
"own" .ado-file like myowngenerate.ado. too bad that this isn't
possible...