st: RE: Estimation selection model with selmlog/svyselmlog using sample weights

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Estimation selection model with selmlog/svyselmlog using sample weights
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 17:58:08 +0000

-bsample- has long been an official command, so I wouldn't expect to find a detailed digression on its use within the help for a user-written command. I don't know how to apply it to your problem.

The authors of the other -*selmlog- commands are probably not members of Statalist. Note that they didn't respond the first time you asked this.

David Wiesinger

i'm apologising for being so imprecise, it's my first time that i'm posting in this forum.

First i was estimating my selection model using the original "selmlog" (written by Bourguignon et al) command and i got a result. Unfortunatly i wasn't able to include my probability weights.

For that reason, i was trying to use "svyselmlog" ( i got it form the homepage http://fmwww.bc.edu/RePEc/bocode/s and it was written by R. E. De Hoyos).

with
version 8: svyset [pweight=Gewicht]
svyselmlog continuous choice, select( discrete choice), meth(dmf2) bootstrap(20) force

i got the error message

"PSU is equal to the number of observations, svybsamp2 is not necessary. Use -bsample-"

Unfortunatly i don't know, how to use -bsample-, becasue i couldn't find a hint in the help-file for svyselmlog.

Nevertheless i wanted to try out the procedure, so i created 2 random psu's and i rerun the model

version 8: svyset [pweight=Gewicht], psu(random_psu)
svyselmlog continuous choice, select( discrete choice), meth(dmf2) bootstrap(20) force

and i got an "conformability error" after some bootstrap steps. When the error occures, seems to be dependent on how many variables i put into the selection term and the used procedure. The less variables, the more steps can be calculated.
when i am estimating the first stage with svymlogit, the model converges and i get a result.
When i'm estimating the same model with selmlog, it works.

It is very likly, that i was making a stupid mistake, but for now i can't find it. How can i estimate the model with my weights only?