Re: st: Unique identifier from a string name

From   daniel klein <klein.daniel.81@googlemail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Unique identifier from a string name
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 20:20:00 +0100

Barry,

-merge- allows the identifier to be a string variable and I cannot see
why you would prefer a numeric variable here. But maybe I am just not
getting the problem. If so just ignore my comment.

Best
Daniel