st: Poisson residuals

From   Fabien Bertho <>
Subject   st: Poisson residuals
Date   Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:01:41 +0100 (CET)

I am trying to compute residuals after Poisson regressions.

First, I used the following code:

predict yhat
gen poisson_residual= y - yhat

Then, I tried the Stata command

predict poisson_residual_stdp, stdp

Finally, I tried this one

predict poisson_residual_score, score

The first code gives exactly the same values as the third one. And I don't understand the difference with the second computation.

Please, what is the difference between both and and which is the right value?

Thank you.

Tous les courriers électroniques émis depuis la messagerie
de Sciences Po doivent respecter des conditions d'usages.
Pour les consulter rendez-vous sur