RE: st: EFFICIENCY SCORES WITH DEA COMMAND

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: EFFICIENCY SCORES WITH DEA COMMAND
Date   Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:26:54 +0000

I support Maarten here. User-programmers stick together! If you find a bug in a user's program, they will usually thank you (ruefully) for a suggestion that improved the program. If you abuse their work on something provided freely and for free, they are likely to underline that you are welcome to write your own code.

In addition, the authors of -dea- may not be members of Statalist, and their subject does not often arise on the list, so if you do not get a good answer on this list, you may need to contact the authors directly.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Maarten Buis

011/11/23 Graziella Bonanno <graziella.bonanno@unical.it>:

> I'm trying to use dea command in order to determine efficiency scores of
> about 670 units.
>
> The help is really poor.
>
> Does anyone use dea in stata?
>
> It's on costs or/and revenues efficiency?

You are more likely to get a response if:

1) you refrain from SHOUTING, i.e. don't use all capitals

2) say where you got user written software from, i.e. is not part of
official Stata, so apperently you downloaded it from somewhere -dea-.
This is discussed in Statalist FAQ, a link to which is posted at the
bottom of every post to Statalist.

3) you find blame with yourself first, i.e. say that you did not
understand the help file rather than say that it is poor.