st: Store results from table command in matrix

From   Barbro Widerstedt <appoloniak@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Store results from table command in matrix
Date   Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:31:29 +0100

Is there something similar to tabstatmat or makematrix for the table command?

I would like to use the results from a "table" command as a matrix.
-- example command

.table var1 var2 , c(mean var3) concise

does a simple solution to this problem exist?

Please help - I do seem to have problems in phrasing the question in a
way that doesn't produce a huge number of irrelevant results

/Barbro