Re: st: RE: dfuller: why do I get different results?

From   Yuval Arbel <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: dfuller: why do I get different results?
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2011 22:33:49 +0200

It took me two hours to run the -xtunit- command, but here is what I get:

. xtunitroot fisher reduct_per,dfuller lag(1)
could not compute test for panel 119
could not compute test for panel 125
could not compute test for panel 154
could not compute test for panel 782
could not compute test for panel 814
could not compute test for panel 1050
could not compute test for panel 2707
could not compute test for panel 3587
could not compute test for panel 3894
could not compute test for panel 4269
could not compute test for panel 7289
could not compute test for panel 8104
could not compute test for panel 9155
could not compute test for panel 9340
could not compute test for panel 9391
could not compute test for panel 9542
could not compute test for panel 9547

Fisher-type unit-root test for reduct_per
Based on augmented Dickey-Fuller tests
Ho: All panels contain unit roots           Number of panels       =   9547
Ha: At least one panel is stationary        Avg. number of periods =  53.19

AR parameter: Panel-specific                Asymptotics: T -> Infinity
Panel means:  Included
Time trend:   Not included
Drift term:   Not included                  ADF regressions: 1 lag
                                  Statistic      p-value
 Inverse chi-squared(19060)P      8814.2739       1.0000
 Inverse normal            Z        60.7097       1.0000
 Inverse logit t(46659)    L*       55.5908       1.0000
 Modified inv. chi-squared Pm      -52.4767       1.0000
 P statistic requires number of panels to be finite.
 Other statistics are suitable for finite or infinite number of panels.

.
I'm happy with the results, because they show that tenants could not
anticipate a long-run mean reduction rates.

Many thanks again anyway
Yuval