Re: st: back transform coefficients

Subject   Re: st: back transform coefficients
Date   Fri, 18 Nov 2011 10:52:27 +0100

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 10:05 AM, Nikolaos Pandis wrote:
> I am running linear regression with 3 continous and 1 2-level categorical independent variables.
> The continuous outcome is normally distributed when transformed into sqrt(dep_var).
> I was wondering how I would be able to back transform the produced coefficients and CIs for interpretation.

I would not use -regress- to estimate such model, but -glm- with the
-link(power .5)- option. That way you are modeling the square root
transformed mean of your dependent variable rather than the mean of
your square root transformed dependent variable. This makes the
backtransform much easier, just use -predict-, -margins-, etc.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie