RE: st: Multinomial Logit Model - Cramer Ridder Test

From   Nick Cox <n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk>
Subject   RE: st: Multinomial Logit Model - Cramer Ridder Test
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:38:54 +0000

You are missing my point. To understand my point, you need to understand a bit about what Stata calls "version control".

Perhaps you didn't follow my reading suggestions, or I wasn't explicit enough.

I was speculating about the effect of the statement -version 7- at the head of -crtest- which may be forcing -mlogit- to behave old-style and so affect ignorance of factor variables.

I have a better suggestion than my previous, or at least a more focused one. Clone -crtest- and edit the line which re-runs -mlogit- so that it starts

version 11:

That way, you insist on -mlogit- being called under version 11. If it doesn't work, I am out of ideas, but it is simple enough to try.

Nick
n.j.cox@durham.ac.uk

Ian Li

I am already on version 11 of -mlogit-.

. which mlogit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Stata11\ado\updates\m\mlogit.ado
*! version 11.0.8  11feb2011