st: xtpoisson -- error

From   Ivan Png <iplpng@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: xtpoisson -- error
Date   Tue, 15 Nov 2011 07:01:24 +0800

Dear STATAlist:

I'm running xtpoisson and keep encountering an error message
"factor variables and time-series operators not allowed in option xvars()"

My code:

. global explvar bkval_ln mktval_ln revt_ln at_ln
. global fixedeff i.sic i.year

. set matsize 1000
. xtset gvkey year

. xi: xtpoisson move cnc_alt $explvar $fixedeff , fe i(gvkey) vce(robust)

I'm using STATA-11.  It runs through about 12 iterations then stops,
giving me the error message,
""factor variables and time-series operators not allowed in option xvars()".

I would appreciate your help.

--
Best wishes
Ivan Png