st: Stata 12 performance issues

From   Nicole Johnson <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Stata 12 performance issues
Date   Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:12:23 +0000

I am wondering if anyone has had an issue with Stata 12 running very slow and with a lag when you type or scroll through the results window.

This is happening on many of my users' computers, but the computers have a decent amount of memory. They all have a 64-bit OS with Windows 7. I personally have a 6-core machine with 12GB of RAM so I did not think it would be lagging at all on this machine. It also lags on the machines I have that are 2 core machines with 8GB of RAM.

I did not have this problem with Stata 11, and always was able to set my own memory. Now I cannot do that. Any suggestions?