Re: st: svy + aweights

From   Joerg Luedicke <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: svy + aweights
Date   Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:28:58 -0500

> I would be downweighting the subjects with fewer days;

Whether you downweight subjects with fewer days or upweight subjects
with more days should be the same thing. Anyway, if your concern is
that of differing reliability across sub-groups of your data, then
weighting will not solve the problem.

> I wouldn't actually use number of days but the inverse of the variance
> of the daily average, since I have that, number of days is just a short
> hand way of thinking about it.

I am completely at a loss with this one.

> Not all obese kids have less days than normal kids, it's just that
> the distribution is skewed down - higher percent with 1-2 days and
> lower percent with 6-7 days.

As I said, consider a multilevel model. That way you can directly
account for the uncertainty that is related to the varying numbers of
measurement occasions.

J.