st: Stata see host name on SSH?

From   Paul Burkander <>
Subject   st: Stata see host name on SSH?
Date   Wed, 9 Nov 2011 11:38:53 -0500

I primarily run stata over a server using ssh.  Each time I log in,
I'm randomly assigned a machine.  I think it would be useful to, in my
log file, make it obvious what machine I'm using.  I naively thought I
could do this using shell and then echo $HOST in my do file, but I
don't know how to pass commands to the shell from the do file.

Is there any easy way to record host info in the log file?