st: Re: rank-ordered probit in -cmp-

From   "David Roodman (" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Re: rank-ordered probit in -cmp-
Date   Tue, 8 Nov 2011 13:45:05 +0000

I've added the rank-ordered probit model to the -cmp- program. This is used for outcome variables that are rankings. Ties are allowed.

In general, -cmp- fits models that combine equations of various types: uncensored linear, probit, ordered probit, tobit, interval, truncated, multinomial probit, and now rank-ordered probit. The addition allows the estimation of some models that were previously quite hard to fit in Stata and, I imagine, most other packages. These include rank-ordered probit with IV and rank-ordered probit with Heckman selection modeling. Type "ssc install cmp, replace" to update.

David Roodman

Senior Fellow

1800 Massachusetts Ave. NW

3rd floor

Washington, DC 20036

Center for Global Development

Independent Research and Practical Ideas for Global Prosperity

Phone: 1 202 416-4023